In order to live full-time in an RV, we have to radically reduce the amount of stuff we have — whittling down the equivalent of a 2 BR home (with garage) to the few belongings that will fit in our starter RV. No storage unit allowed.
Follow along as we de-clutter and shed on our way to a minimalist RV life. We’ll keep count of how much stuff we shed, discuss philosophies/approaches to dealing with stuff, and share the tips we learn along the way. We may even have some guest content from friends who’ve attacked their own de-cluttering projects.
You can subscribe here to get updates on our progress as well as tips for your own shedding projects.
Watch our sorting process.
Total Items Reduced
How We Count Things
- a pair is one thing (socks, gloves, shoes)
- 1 bag of recycle is one thing (shredding, toilet paper rolls, coffee cans, glass jars, plastic containers)
- 1 zipper bag of small things is one thing (buttons, paper clips, pencils)
- 1 inche of paper products is one thing (folders, papers, sheet protectors, file dividers)
- lids + container = one thing (pot/lid, storage container/lid, box/lid, etc)
- 1 set of media is one thing (a season of a TV show on DVD, a boxed set of CDs, etc.)
- 1 thing is 1 thing (books, discs, electronics, furniture, i.e., everything else)
Subscribe to our “Radically Reducing” newsletter to get updates on our progress as well as tips for your own shedding projects.